Digital signage is a form of electronic display that shows information, advertising and other messages. Digital signs (such as LCD, LED, plasma displays, or projected images) can be found in public and private environments, such as retail stores and corporate buildings.
Advertising using digital signage is a form of out-of-home advertising in which content and messages are displayed on digital signs with a common goal of delivering targeted messages to specific locations at specific times.
The benefits of digital signage over static signs, in situations where changing signs are preferred over static signs, are that the content can be exchanged more easily, animations can be shown, and the signs can adapt to the context and audience, even interactively. Digital signage can offer superior return on investment compared to temporary and/or promotional signs made from other substrates.
Digital signage is used for many different purposes, below are some of the most common applications:
- Public information – news, weather and local (location specific) information, such as fire exits and traveler information
- Internal information – corporate messages, health & safety, news, etc.
- Advertising – either related to the location the signage is in or just using the audience reach of the screens for general advertising
- Brand building – in-store digital signage to promote the brand and build a brand identity
- Influencing customer behavior – directing customers to different areas, increasing the dwell time on the store premises
- Enhancing customer experience – applications include the reduction of perceived wait time in restaurant waiting areas, bank queues, etc., as well as recipe demonstrations in food stores
- Enhancing the environment – with interactive screens (in the floor for example) or with dynamic wayfinding
H+S has a complete Digital Signage solution for small, medium and large scale deployments, over both low-bandwidth (GPRS/3G) and high-bandwidth LAN/WAN networks.
The solution is explicitly designed to provide robust advertising and reliable airtime management services. The solution consists of the following modules:
- DigiSign Server – Responsible for serving content to Digital Signage Players and collecting their status information
- DigiSign Manager – Responsible for designing multimedia campaigns, monitoring Digital Signage players and viewing statistics.
- DigiSign Player – Downloads multimedia campaigns from the Server, keeps campaign content locally, reducing network bandwidth, and renders it to any screen.
- Monitoring Tool – A tool to monitor hardware and software information of your Digital Signage installation, while enabling to deploy policies and software updates.